Chalisa is an associate at Burns Bair LLP. She works on a wide range of matters against insurance companies.
Chalisa earned her J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2021. She was a member of the Black Law Students Association and the Midwest Black Law Students Association. Currently she is a member of the Wisconsin Association of African American Lawyers. During law school Chalisa completed a Graduate Fellowship with the University of Wisconsin System Administration General Counsel Office and a legal clerkship with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Additionally, she competed in the ABA Law Student Tax Challenge in 2020. Outside of law school she mentored a series of African American undergraduate students in varying fields of education, while also advising pre-law undergraduate students on how to improve their personal and diversity statements for law school applications.
Chalisa earned her bachelor’s degrees in Society & Environment and Sociology from the University of California – Berkeley in 2016. Additionally, she earned her Master’s in Public Health degree from Boston University in 2018 with an emphasis on health law and policy.
- Coverage Litigation
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Bankruptcy Trustee Litigation
- Insurance Class Actions
- Counseling and Teaming with Plaintiffs’ Lawyers on Insurance Matters
- J.D., University of Wisconsin
- M.P.H., Boston University School of Public Health
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- Wisconsin Association of African American Lawyers
- State Bar of Wisconsin