Brian P. Cawley is an associate at Burns Bair LLP. He works on a wide range of matters against insurance companies.
Brian earned his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2020 with cum laude honors and a concentration in business law. He served as a Managing Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review and was involved in the Wisconsin Moot Court Board as a competitor and coach. He also won the Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing for his journal article, which was published by the Wisconsin Law Review in 2019.
Brian earned his bachelor’s degree in political science from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2015.
- Coverage Litigation
- Domestic and International Insurance Arbitration
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Bankruptcy Trustee Litigation
- Insurance Class Actions
- J.D., Cum Laude Honors from the University of Wisconsin Law School, 2020
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Damning the Mekong: Project Finance’s Inability to Cure the Steep Costs of Hydropower Development in the Mekong River Basin, Wisconsin Law Review, 2019
- Stipulations and Insurance Assignments Offer Policyholders and Claimants Relief From Bankruptcy Delays, New York Law Journal, 2022
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing (February 2020)
- Mathys Memorial Award for Appellate Advocacy (April 2019)