Nathan M. Kuenzi is an associate at Burns Bair LLP. He works on a wide range of matters against insurance companies.
Nathan earned his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School with magna cum laude honors in 2020. He was a member of the Wisconsin Law Review’s Senior Editorial Board as Symposium Editor and made further contributions as a Managing Editor. He received multiple awards for leadership within the law school community, worked as a member of the Academic Enhancement Program’s education and development programs for first-year students, and served as a research assistant to Professor David Schwartz. He was also a student associate at the Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic at the University of Wisconsin Law School, counseling small business and nonprofit clients on entity formation and intellectual property issues alongside practicing attorneys.
In recent years, Nathan has been heavily involved in all stages of COVID-19 business income coverage litigation, from planning and filing complaints to discovery and motion practice as well as numerous appeals. He has argued these cases before the District of Connecticut and recently argued a significant appeal on COVID-19 insurance issues before a panel of the Seventh Circuit.
Nathan earned his bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Wisconsin- Madison in 2013, where he was a member of the Peer Learning Association.
- Coverage Litigation
- Domestic and International Insurance Arbitration
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Bankruptcy Trustee Litigation
- Insurance Class Actions
- Counterparty Disputes with Insurers
- Counseling and Teaming with Plaintiffs’ Lawyers on Insurance Matters
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Political Science)
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- Worked for the Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic,
- Worked for the Academic Enhancement Program helping younger students,
- Received a leadership award with a small scholarship,
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude,
- Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section
- Wisconsin State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United State Court of Appeals for Fifth Circuit
- United State Court of Appeals for Sixth Circuit
- United State Court of Appeals for Seventh Circuit
- United State Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut (PHV, temporary)