Kacy C. Gurewitz is an associate at Burns Bair LLP. She works on a wide range of matters against insurance companies.
Kacy earned her J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2021 with cum laude honors. She was involved in the Wisconsin Moot Court Board as a competitor and served as an Evans Competition Problem Writer. Kacy was awarded Best Oral Argument and Runner-up for Best Brief in the Florida National Tax Moot Court Competition. She also served as a research assistant to Professor Richard Monette and was awarded Best Performance in Federal Law and Indian Tribes.
Kacy earned her bachelor’s degree in philosophy from Ohio Wesleyan University in 2017.
- Coverage Litigation
- Domestic and International Insurance Arbitration
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Bankruptcy Trustee Litigation
- Insurance Class Actions
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2021
- B.A., Ohio Wesleyan University, 2017
- Dane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Best Oral Argument, Florida National Tax Moot Court Competition
- Best Performance in Federal Law and Indian Tribes, Professor Richard Monette